Participation in IASC is open to all persons interested in the study of common pool resources, community based natural resources, natural property management, and other related topics. Memberships are available to both individuals and institutions. As an individual member, you are eligible to participate in all association programs and activities, to hold office in the Association, vote for Association officers, and to vote on all matters related to changes in our governing documents.
The International Association for the Study of the Commons (IASC) offers its members a number of benefits, including:
- An opportunity to network with people around the world who share an interest in studying common pool resources, community based natural resources, natural property management, constructed commons and other related topics.
- Engagement in regional IASC societies where available.
- Biennial international and in-between regional and thematic conferences open to all members at discounted rates.
- Website that offers information of value to the membership as a network of researchers and practitioners in the field.
- Access to “CommonsNet”, a platform which gives you the possibility to share information, search for colleagues and collaborate among IASC members.
- Up-to-date compilations of commons-related publications.
- Monthly newsletter with announcements, such as job-openings, research funding opportunities, fellowships, information about future conferences and upcoming events.
- Subscription to the The Commons Digest.
- Ability to nominate a person for the Ostrom Award.