Dear Prospective Member:
Participation in IASC is open to all persons interested in the study of common pool resources, community based natural resources, natural property management, and other related topics. Memberships are available to both individuals and institutions.
Memberships are available to both individuals and organizations. The International Association for the Study of the Commons (IASC) offers its members a number of benefits, including:
- An opportunity to network with people around the world who share an interest in studying common pool resources, community based natural resources, natural property management, constructed commons and other related topics.
- Engagement in regional IASC societies where available.
- Biennial international and in-between regional and thematic conferences open to all members at discounted rates.
- Website that offers information of value to the membership as a network of researchers and practitioners in the field.
- Access to “CommonsNet”, a platform which gives you the possibility to share information, search for colleagues and collaborate among IASC members.
- Up-to-date compilations of commons-related publications.
- Monthly newsletter with announcements, such as job-openings, research funding opportunities, fellowships, information about future conferences and upcoming events.
- Subscription to the Common Property Resource Digest.
- Ability to nominate a person for the Ostrom Award.
Individual membership dues are based on income as listed in the categories below:
* US incomes $19,999 and below dues are $30.00
* US incomes $20,000-49,999 dues are $75.00
* US incomes $50,000-79,999 dues are $120.00
* US incomes $80,000 and above dues are $175.00
Additionally, you can select a multiple year fee (2, 3 and 4 years membership) with a 10% discount. See the full list of options within the page.
Memberships are available to both individuals and organizations. The organizational membership is very interesting for organizations, NGOs, university departments or non-university research institutes, which would like to support and get engaged with IASC over a longer time horizon and not dependent on individual researcher or employees engagement.
In addition to the advantages individual members enjoy, organizational members will receive:
- Conference fees at membership rate for 3 representatives.
* Organizational Membership dues are $300.00
Memberships are available to both individuals and organizations. In addition to the advantages individual members enjoy, supporting member of IASC will be promoted via the IASC communication means.
- Provided space at conferences to present projects.
- Conference fees at membership rate for 10 representatives.
- Distribution of project information via IASC promotional packages.
- A paragraph in the membership list describing what the organization does.
- You may of course support us, but remain anonymous, if you wish.
* Support Membership dues are $1,000.00
The IASC membership year is on a fiscal year basis (1 July -30 June)
Membership payments supports Association activities, your subscription to the Common Property Resource Digest, and will entitle you to the member's registration rate at IASC Conferences.
Payments may be made by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover). Payments by check can only be accepted from US banks or a US correspondent bank. For example, Svenska bank checks specify "Drawee Bank: Chase Manhattan Bank NA." The State Bank of India and many other major banks have similar relationships with US banks. International bank money orders (such as Barclay's and international postal money orders are also acceptable. Please make sure that all checks drafted to the IASC list the amount in US dollars. If your situation prevents you from remitting payment by any of the above methods, but you wish to continue your membership, please indicate that on the form and write a brief explanation on the form. (Article IIA of the Bylaws provides for the possibility of "in-kind" payments as an alternative to payment in money). In this instance, we will carry you on the membership records as a member for this membership year. We expect that you will submit payment if your situation changes or if you are able to travel to the general meeting.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.